Director of Member Relations
The World Trade Center (WTC-KY) is seeking a Director of Member Relations. This position manages the organization’s overall relationship with its member companies and has primary responsibility both for ensuring those members remain for the long term and for recruiting new members throughout the Kentucky economy. This position is based in Kentucky.
- Manage and grow WTC-KY’s membership roster of manufacturing and manufacturing-related businesses.
- Develop marketing and membership strategies to engage members and prospective members.
- Market partnership, sponsorship, and investment opportunities to current and prospective members.
- Be an effective and articulate representative of the organization, its mission to grow Kentucky’s international trade economy and the resulting economic prosperity, and its value proposition to members, investors, and non-members alike.
- Serve as the key conduit between and among WTC-KY and member companies, communicating the needs, interests, and challenges of members to the WTC-KY team and board of directors.
- Be well-versed on issues of importance to the broad international trade economy and to individual members.
- Facilitating member company relationships with partners, workforce, and other expert organizations to address short- and long-term business challenges.
- Collaborate effectively with policy, operations, communications, legal, and public affairs teammates to implement and execute strategic and tactical WTC-KY initiatives.
- Help design and produce outstanding WTC-KY events and programming to accomplish WTC-KY’s goals of networking, education, and innovation.
The Successful Candidate will Have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or an associate degree in a relevant field and commensurate experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience in sales and marketing; corporate affairs; public affairs; other related fields; or a combination thereof.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working for or with manufacturing enterprises is a plus.
- Experience developing and managing external partnerships and alliances.
- Experience working with membership organizations.
- Ability to travel throughout Kentucky regularly in a personal vehicle.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively engage with leaders of small and large enterprises.
- A general understanding of local, state, and federal government processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office systems and software.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest, resume, and at least two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience. WTC-KY offers an excellent package of employee benefits.
The World Trade Center Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer.